Saturday 2 July 2011

Taiga, College and other such geekery.

Ohai there,

I apologise for the long wait between blogs. I've been busy with college work and for a few days, I didn't have proper access to my computer.

So, I've passed the first year of my college course, despite the difficulties I've had at the start of the year. It's great, I can't wait to move on to the next year. I'm going to blitz it and get it all done at the start so I can have a bit more time off at the end of it.

Now I'm on holiday for a month and a bit. Maybe two. I can't keep track very well. Either way, I have plenty of time to draw now and that surprise I was on about is almost ready, I just need to get at the camera and have some decent light in the room I will be filming to get started. It will all be revealed soon.

Been playing more Katamari, I love it. Since my xbox is well and truly buggered (6 fixes later and it won't last more than a minute on it's own), I doubt that I will get to play it at home so I've given it to a friend for the time being. The game I mean, not the xbox. That's chilling in the corner.
I've been playing more Minecraft also, just waiting for some mod updates so that I can get going properly again. I might do more pixel art on my server for that, a giant Charmander would look great next to my Nyan-cat

Oh yes, the image on the top right is Taiga, from Toradora again. 5-6 layers in GIMP 2.6, the eyes were very difficult for me to do, I was working with a 1 pixel brush at one point. This is where I realised I should just set the resolution to 4000x4000 and work with a larger brush. Ah well, a lesson learnt for another image.

No comments:

Post a Comment